Top 10 Joker Quotes

Posted by Unknown

In honor of the loss of a great actor and a the coming of an amazing movie. I give you my top ten favorite lines from Heath Ledger’s Joker in The Dark Knight. It was hard to pick a top ten because basically every single one of is lines is made memorable by this incredible performance, but I did my best. Here they are:
P.S.: This post contains spoilers, if you have not seen the movie (do), but don’t read this until you have.
!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!
First, the quotes that almost made it on the list (in no particular order):
  • “It’s not about the money, it’s about sending a message. Everything burns!”
  • “I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.”
  • “Let’s put a smile on that face!”
  • “Those mob fools want you gone. So they can get back to the way things were. But I know the truth, there’s no going back. You’ve changed things…forever.”
  • “And I thought my jokes were bad.”
Top Ten:
10. “The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules. And tonight, you’re gonna break your one rule.”
9. “Do you want to know why I use a knife? You see, guns are too quick. You can’t savor all of the little…emotions. In their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way…I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?”
8. “I believe… whatever doesn’t kill you simply makes you…stranger.”
7. (When told that he has a 50% chance of living) “Ummm, Now we’re talkin.”
6. “Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos, I’m an agent of chaos , and you know the thing about chaos? It’s fair.”
5. “I don’t wanna kill you, what would I do without you? Go back to rippin’ off mob dealers… no, no, no… no you, you complete me.”
4. “You can’t rely on anyone these days, you gotta do everything yourself, don’t we? That’s ok, I came prepared, it’s a funny world we live in. Speaking of which, you know how I got these scars?”
3. “I took gotham’s white knight and I brought ‘im down to our level. Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push. “
2. “Don’t talk like one of them, you’re not! Even if you’d like to be. To them, you’re just a freak–like me. They need you right now. When they don’t…they’ll cast you out. Like a leper. See, their morals, their code: it’s a bad joke. They’re dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. You’ll see, when the chips are down these civilized people will eat each other. Ya see I’m not a monster, I was just ahead of the curve.”
1. “You… you just couldn’t let me go could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptable aren’t you. You won’t kill me because of some misplaced sense of self-rightousness. And I won’t kill you because…you’re just too much fun. I get the feeling that you and I are destined to do this forever.”

Artikel Terkait